Sunday, October 9, 2016

Lucky Day a the Range...



Had to get a Range Trauma Kit,   

Last Saturday, a Gentleman shooting 4 stations down from me had a Dan Wesson revolver blow up.  A part of the frame went through 3 safety nets.  The part of the frame that blew up is circled in red.


Brand new gun (out of the box) and only about 25 rounds down range.  Several of us looked at the barrel and damage and it looks like it wasn't timed correctly/.  The shrapnel flew to the right and hit my scope producing this damage...



If he had been aiming an inch or two to the left, I would have been hit in the head.  Another two inches to the left, and he would have hit the shooter to the left of me.

As it was, the shooter to the left of me had his son on the range, and he was leaning over the bench.  My scope prevented any injuries.

Overall, one blown up gun, zero injuries.

Time to count our blessings.


On a side note, Leupold makes a Damn Nice Scope (only off by 4" and consistent,  I think Ill keep shooting it)!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blah blah blah…