Sunday, May 24, 2020

Spent Sunday at the Church Of Smokeless Powder with Our Patron Saint John Moses Browning...

Did a little reloading today.  I normally reload for 6.5mm Creedmore and occasionally 6.5 Grendel and .50 Beowulf.  But with the ChiCom BatFlu running around .223is hard to find.  Another thought that crossed my mind was "Holy Shit, I don't have anything to reload .223 With."
So I corrected that and got some dies, brass and bullets (already had primers and powder).

More Pictures Below The Fold...


If you take this...

And

You get This (100 rounds of primed Brass)...

And if you add This (in carefully measured amounts) 



And this...

And spend some time and effort...

You get this...

I use Nosler Load Data for the Recipe (It's Pretty Good), and was given the following loads:
Based on what I own for powder and research into External Ballistics (you need to know what's happening Down Range), I used This recipe:
 
Because this is a new load for me, I made 20 reloads for the following powder charges:
21.5gr
22.0gr
22.5gr
23.0gr
23.5gr
 
With an Overall Cartridge Length of 2.260, I set up my dies to produce a load close to this.  All of my cartridges came in at 2.2570" - 2.2585".  A difference of 0.0015" Pretty Consistent!

Now I need to take them to the range and See What's Happening Down Range!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blah blah blah…