Thursday, December 7, 2017

December 7, 1941…


All of the blogs and media sites have pictures of this day.

I’m not posting any.

Why?

For one thing I work at Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard and I’m not allowed to have a camera due to security constrains.

And the second is that when I’m on the waterfront, I can look to the north-east and I see the USS Arizona and the USS Missouri.
The view from Dry Dock 2

The view from Gun Dock 2

The a constant reminder that our job is important, we need to Keep Them Fit To Fight.

During WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Cold War and the War On Terrorism (filling the time between the Cold War and today), we have been constantly repairing damaged ships.  Either from battle damage or through other damage (think USS Enterprise, USS San Francisco or USS Hartford), we’ve kept the ships operational

Looking across the harbor, we see our reason for being.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blah blah blah…